Gathering Eleven - Karen Pheasant-Neganigwane Escape
Author’s Notes: Rhonda L. Paulsen
- The Reserve System
- Early Policy Banning Dance and Regalia
Rassemblement onze – Karen Pheasant-Neganigwane L’Évasion
Notes de l’auteur : Rhonda L. Paulsen
- Le système des réserves
- Une première politique contre la danse et la régalia
STUDENT CENTER – GATHERING ELEVEN
Karen Pheasant-Neganigwane, previously published
"If a person does not keep pace with her companions,
perhaps it is because she hears a different drum.
Let her step to the music which she hears,
however measured or far away."
Henry David Thoreau
Learning Outcomes ~ upon completion of this gathering, the student will be able to…
1. Explore various means to express oneself from a place of well-being, e.g. storytelling (verbal or written), art, performance, political involvement, etc.
2. Draw a comparison between colonial and contemporary policies in Indigenous contexts.
3. Articulate the impacts on an individual and/or society, in both physical and social environments, that have been the result of political domination.