Gathering Seven ~ Pamela mcLaughlin Learning from Past Mistakes
Author's Notes: Rhonda L. Paulsen
- Indian Act(s)
- Duality of Cultures: "Us/Them"
Ji kendaming gaa-bi niseyaang
Rassemblement sept – Pamela McLaughlin Tirer des leçons des erreurs passées
Notes de l’auteur : Rhonda L. Paulsen
- La Loi sur les Indiens
- La dualité des cultures : « nous » et « eux »
STUDENT CENTER – GATHERING SEVEN
Tide Pool, Dominion Bay - photo by E. J. Thipphawong
"The world in which you were born
is just one model of reality.
Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you.
They are unique manifestations of the human spirit."
Learning Outcomes ~ upon completion of this gathering, the student will be able to…
1. Recognize and respect the role of First Peoples in what is now Canada (historically, i.e. pre-confederation to the present).
2. Gain a general understanding of relevant legislation in Canada regarding Indigenous peoples.
3. Demonstrate an openness to people’s diversity and commonalities.